The annual Oxford Africa Conference is a vibrant and interdisciplinary platform for discussions relevant to contemporary African issues, including politics, economics, and culture. As one of the largest convening on Africa in the whole of Europe, it also provides participants an opportunity to network, build meaningful and impactful relationships.
The Oxford Africa Conference is hosted by the Oxford University Africa Society (AfriSoc), so the Co-chairs work closely with the society’s President to ensure that they deliver a conference in line with the Society’s vision. The 2020 Oxford Africa Conference marks the 10th iteration of this annual event so this year’s committee would have the added responsibility of ensuring that they deliver a conference befitting of this very important milestone.
As a member of the Conference Committee, you have an unparalleled opportunity to develop your project management, leadership, and organizational skills. It shall also provide you with an opportunity to deepen your professional networks and to contribute to the Africa agenda at Oxford.
The 2020 Oxford Africa Conference committee – application details
Job start date: November 2019
Job end date: July 2020
Conference date: May 2020
All applicants must:
● Be matriculated students at the University of Oxford by October 2019
● Be registered members of the Africa Society
• Submit a 1 page CV, a professional headshot, a bio (300 words max) and 1 page cover letter explaining your passion, suitability, and plans for the role to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 23rd October 2019.
• Shortlisted candidates would be contacted for interviews (for select positions) after the deadline
• Saturday, 5th October 2019: Open call for applications
• Wednesday, 23rd October 2019: Applications close
• Tuesday, 29th October - Saturday, 2nd November: Interviews (for select positions)
• Sunday, 3rd November: All applicants notified of the outcome
• Monday, 4th November: 2019/2020 Conference committee announced
You can learn about the 2019 Oxford Africa Conference here.
Please note that these positions are highly demanding, and we expect that the people who assume them display 100% dedication and commitment from start to finish. We recognize that we are all students, therefore we expect that the candidate is able to effectively manage time in a manner that does not negatively impact the conference or the candidate’s studies.
• For any inquiries, please contact the President, Nwamaka Ogbonna email@example.com